Project Management and Processes
Project Management is the key to any custom controls application or system integration project. Instrument Control Systems has developed a rigorous process management system and all projects are managed by experienced professionals.
At the company level ICS Healy-Ruff, is one of a select few system integrator to have achieved Certified status from the Control Systems Integrator Association. This certification process ensures that our company follows the highest standards for best practices and benchmarks in the industry.
TheICS Healy-Ruff team consists of over 40 experienced professionals representing hundreds of years of industry experience. In addition to our experience, specific qualifications include:
- Several degreed engineers and multiple registered professional engineers (P.E.s)
- Certified field technicians and programmers
Project management and contract administration professionals
Sample Procedures and Tools
ICS Heal-Ruffhas developed several internal procedures and tools to ensure successful completion of projects, Below are just a few examples.
Project Management Process.A kickoff meeting is held at the commencement of each project to assign a project manager, ensure a smooth transiton from the sales process to the design process and identify key resource requirements and milestone dates. Items include:
Project Management & Design
Startup & Training
- Software Configuration Standards and Conventions. Before programming each project, our software configuration standards will be reviewed with the client. Specific needs or customization requirements are identified in advance to ensure expectations for functionality and ease-of-use are met.
- Graphical User Interface Standards (colors, fonts, schematics and symbols, pop-ups, trends, ...)
- Navigation and Display Hierarchy
- Tag Name Conventions
- System Security and Access
- ICS 2008 - Project Management and Tracking. ICS Healy-Ruff has developed proprietary internal systems for tracking and managing each project. This allows all relevant information to to be created, stored and accessed, including such items as:
- General Overview (scope, contacts, key dates, ...)
- Financial and Budget Tracking
- Submittal Drawings and Documentation
- Bills of Material
- Interface to other internal systems (financial, sales, ...)